Be the forensic scientists!
- Aligned to NGSS practices
- Disciplinary core ideas: PS1.A; PS1.B
- Performance expectations: MS-PS1-2
- Cross cutting concepts: patterns
- Engineering practices: analyzing and interpreting data
Blood typing is a method of classifying blood based on the presence or absence of specific proteins, called antigens, on the surface of red blood cells. Blood type, an inherited characteristic, is valuable to know in that it affects medical procedures, such as surgery and transfusions, paternity testing, as well as serving as evidence in criminal investigations. Determining blood type can help provide supporting evidence or eliminate a possible suspect’s involvement in a crime. Kit contains enough material for 15 groups. Teacher’s manual and student study guide copy masters are included.