The following set of eight gamma sources are mounted in 2.5 cm diameter sealed plastic disks and require no licensing. Shown below are the isotopes, activity, half-life and types of radiation (beta-ß, gamma-γ).
The sources are USNRC License Exempt (US only). Outside the US, consult local laws and regulations.
- Co-60, 1 µCi, 5.27 years, beta and gamma
- Na-22, 1 µCi, 2.60 years, beta+ and gamma
- Mn-54, 1 µCi, 313 days, gamma
- Cs-137, 0.25 µCi, 30.2 years, beta and gamma
- Ba-133, 1 µCi, 10.5 years, gamma
- Cd-109, 1 µCi, 464 days, gamma
- Co-57, 1 µCi, 270 days, gamma
- “UNKNOWN” — mixture of Cs-137 and Zn-65 for student testing